Sunday, August 2, 2009

I have a dental bridge for my upper row of front teeth.. Should there be a gap between my gums and the bridge?

About a year ago, I had an accident that resulted in the loss of 4 of my upper front teeth.. The dentist pulled the broken ones and installed a 6 tooth long bridge that attached itself to both of my canines. I have a metal plate underneath, and the bridge is permanent (at least for ten years or so), but there appears to be a gap of space between the bridge and my upper gums. Should this be there?... Shouldn't the bridge be pushed all the way up to the gum to hide any spacing in between?... It looks horrible when I smile because of the blackness from the gap... makes my mouth look somewhat rotten to those who do not know that what they are seeing is a gap between the bridge and gums. The first time my dentist was to install the bridge, it turned out that the lab has made it in the incorrect size, so I had to come back... he seemed skiddish upon installing the second one, I think he knew it didn't fit correctly, but installed it anyway to save time and money for himself. What can I do?

I have a dental bridge for my upper row of front teeth.. Should there be a gap between my gums and the bridge?
The fact that you got the "vibes" that this wasn't done quite right is a bad indicator. No one wants to feel that way when getting aesthetic dental work accomplished.





The key to handling this is to ask your dentist if this would be okay in his mouth. In other words, would he want to see that gap if that bridge were in his mouth. Unless you get a good answer that makes the utmost sense to you, I suggest you press the point to have it redone.





Now, I'm not being critical in that there could be a thousand reasons why it was left in that manner, but it needs to be communicated to you and make sense to you. If it doesn't add up then go to another office and get a second opinion and compare notes.





Best of luck to you!!!
Reply:IF THE DENTIST DIDN'T FEEL COMFORTABLE PUTTING IN THE BRIDGE BUT DID IT ANYWAY, HE'S AT FAULT AND SHOULD REDO THE WORK AND PUT IN IN A BRIDGE THAT FITS PROPERLY.


WHAT YOU SHOULD DO IS REMIND HIM HE DIDN'T FEEL COMFORTABLE PUTTING IT IN BUT DID IT ANYWAY AGAINST HIS BETTER JUDGMENT. HE SHOULD DO IT AGAIN.



Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net