Friday, July 31, 2009

What happens if your bone is infected from a rotten tooth ?

I had an abscess in May of this year. After a course of antibiotics the pain subsided and the dentist performed a root canal . However, the pain didn't go away. By July, I had a very painful mouth and a lymph node to the side of my neck became enlarged. I went back to the dentist, who prescribed more penicillin. In August, I went back to have the root cleaned again. Once again, this produced limited results. Two weeks ago, I finally had the tooth extracted. The lymph node has been enlarged now for almost three months . When the tooth came out, there was a really rather large abscess underneath the root, which my dentist said was causing the pain. After the extraction the pain continued, so I was back at the dentists again. He did a full mouth x-ray yesterday and told me that my bone is infected. I have read allsorts of things about the danger of this happening. I am looking for answers from dentists or people who have gone through this. Will the metronidazole clear the infection ?

What happens if your bone is infected from a rotten tooth ?
When the tooth came out, hopefully they cleaned the socket out with a curet. This is a spoon type device that helps clear infection and infected tissue. Your pain should subside within the next few days. Stay on your antibiotic. Hang in there! Give it a week and if it is not better, see an oral surgeon. This sounds like a pretty nasty infection, so it is going to take a while to clear up and feel 100% again. I hope this helps. Remember to finish ALL of your antibiotics!



makeup games

2 comments:

  1. i have tooth erosion at gumline can they fix it without a cap or doing a root canal. the tooth is still alive,,it is sensative a little at times to cold ice water ect..or can i request it just be pulled .it is a back molar,,is it hard to convince the dentist to just pull it if i have the cash in hand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys, i had mine pulled out today, an infection had developed underneath an old filling on my 46, (the molar third from the back).
    An X-ray revealed decay on my jawbone and the dentist said i need a bone graph and a replacement tooth. But im sure the dentist will do what they deem to be right, depending on their experience.

    ReplyDelete

 
vc .net